RODE NT2-A Professional Microphone Studio Solutions Kit
Multi Pattern Dual 1" Condenser Microphone
Following on from the success of the NT1-A Complete Recording kit, comes the new NT2-A Studio Solution Kit.
Featuring the recording flexibility of the NT2-A, with bonus SM6 shockmount, XLR cable, microphone dust cover & exclusive NT2-A Recording techniques DVD with music producer John Merchant!
The new NT2-A is a professional large capsule (1”) condenser studio microphonewith variable pick-up pattern, variable high pass filter and variable pad.These features provide greater creative control and versatility.
Three 3-position switches located on the mic body provide the freedom to step from Figure 8,Cardioid or Omni polar pick-up patterns; from a flat response to either 80 Hz or 40 Hz high-passfilter and a Pad adjustment of 0 dB, -5 dB or -10 dB attenuation.
The heart of the NT2-A is the Australian designed and manufactured TYPE HF1 dual diaphragmcapsule. The frequency and transient response of this new transducer has been voiced tocomplement today’s modern recording techniques, and yet still evoke the silky smooth characterof the legendary microphones of the 50’s and 60’s. The NT2-A includes a soft pouch and clip.
• The Australian designed and manufactured HF1 1" edge terminated, gold sputtered, dual 5 um diaphragm capsule.
• 3-position variable polar pattern: Omni, Cardioid & Figure 8; all controlled on the mic.
• 3-position variable high-pass filter: Flat, 80 Hz or 40 Hz.
• 3-position variable pad: 0 dB, -5 dB or -10 dB.
• Ultra low noise, transformerless SMT circuitry.
• Wide dynamic range.
• High strength heat-treated steel mesh head.
• Durable satin nickel finish.
• Internal capsule shock mounting.
• Designed and manufactured in Sydney, Australia.
The NT2-A is designed to operate from phantompower to the P48 standard.The NT2-A will operate between 44V and 52Vapplied with positive polarity to pin 2 and pin 3of the output XLR connector.
The NT2-A will operate satisfactorily into a loadimpedance as low as 1 kÙ. If a load below this isused, the output signal level will be reduced.The NT2-A output is balanced between pin 2 (hot)and pin 3 (cold). Pin 1 is ground.
Acoustic principle: Externally polarized 25 mm (1") dual diaphragm.
Directional pattern: Multi-pattern (see graphs over).
Frequency range: 20 Hz ~ 20 000 Hz (see graphs over)
(See graphs over)
Output impedance: 200 Ù
Signal/Noise ratio DIN/IEC 651: 87 dB (1 kHz rel 1 Pa; per IEC651, IEC268-15)
Equivalent noise: 7 dBA SPL (per IEC651, IEC268-15)
Maximum SPL: 147 dB (@ 1% THD into 1 kÙ) 157 dB (@ 1% THD into 1 kÙ) - pad at maximum
Sensitivity at 1 khz into 1 kÙ: -36 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (16 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/-2 dB
Maximum output voltage: +16 dBu (@ 1% THD into 1 kÙ)
Dynamic range of the mic. amplifier DIN/IEC 651 140 dB (per IEC651, IEC268-15)
Power (Supply voltage): 48 Volts (P48)
Output Connection: 3 pin XLR, balanced output between pin 2(+) and pin 3(-).
Pin 1 ground
Weight approx.: 860 grm (30.36 oz)
- Rode NT2-A Multi Pattern 1in Dual Condenser Microphone
- ZP1 Zip Pouch
- RM2 Stand Mount
- Rode 1 Year Warranty (Extended 10 Years Warranty After Online Registration)