About Gitzo Ocean Traveler Series 1 1582OT Carbon Tripod
The Gitzo Ocean Traveler Series 1 1582OT Carbon Tripod is designed and built for professional performance, maintenance-free durability and resistance against seawater, humidity and other aggressive natural environments. It features precision-tooled aluminum parts have a corrosion-resistance finishing, while specially redesigned G-Lock leg collars protect each single section of 6X carbon fiber leg tube against sand, dust and mud and expel any water trapped inside tube sections by working as an air cushion.
Even in extreme environments, the GK1582OT is quick to set up and use, thanks again to the Ocean G-Lock system, which requires only a quarter turn to lock or unblock each leg section. The Series 1 Ocean tripod is the latest evolution of Gitzo's acclaimed Traveler structure, with a shoulder design that allows the legs to flip 180deg. for an extremely compact folded length.
Gitzo Ocean Traveler Series 1 1582OT Carbon Tripod Features
- Ground level set: This new feature allows you to remove the centre column to save weight and get the camera closer to the ground. The upper disc with reversible 1/4' - 3/8' bolt and the column hook assembly: Remove column and fix the disk directly to the upper casting using the column hook
- Rapid Column: The centre column locking collar above the tripod shoulder makes it easier to adjust the column quickly. Series 1 and above are built with an anti-rotation grooved centre column for improved stability
- Reversible column: The rapid column can easily be inverted for an alternative shooting angle or low level macro work
- Hook: This built-in accessory allows you to hang a stabilizing weight (e.g. a full camera bag or a sand/water bag) from the bottom of the tripod centre column. Useful with long/heavy lenses, on uneven ground or in win
- Ocean-Lock: The Ocean-Lock is a special version of Gitzo G-Lock of which it maintains the same outstanding locking performances. Thanks to two special seals derived form the automation industry, it minimizes the amount of water and debris that may enter tubes and locking mechanisms
- ALR: Introduced a new Anti Leg Rotation system, which means the tripod can be opened in less than 15 seconds. Simply loosen all the twist locks on each leg at the same time, then pull the leg down and tighten the locks individually
- This feature allows you to position independently the tripod legs in two positions
- Stainless Steel: Gitzo uses a high grade Stainless Steel, not treated nor painted with any protective or no-finger print coating. The high quality finishing is the same used for surgery equipment. It guarantees a surface completely impenetrable at microscopic level by impurities and corrosive agents